Artificial Intelligence Chatbots have recently been used to reduce the workload of Recruiters by being programed to answer frequently asked questions, and in some cases power the job search experience. However, as you can see in the FAQ below, ChatGPT has taken the conversation to a whole new level.
Insights from ChatGPT: Answering Employers' Top Questions
We held a one-on-one session with ChatGPT and asked the AI the most common questions employers ask the Adverto Team.
Q. What are the best career site features?
A. There are many features that can make a career site effective and useful for job seekers. Some of the best features to consider include:
- Search functionality: A search bar that allows users to search for jobs by keyword, location, or job title can make it easier for job seekers to find relevant opportunities.
- Detailed job descriptions: Providing detailed and accurate job descriptions can help job seekers understand the responsibilities and requirements of a particular role, and whether they are a good fit for the position.
- Easy application process: A streamlined application process that allows users to easily submit their resumes and application materials can be helpful for job seekers who are trying to apply for multiple positions.
- Company culture and values: Many job seekers are interested in learning about a company's culture and values before applying for a job. Providing information about these topics on the career site can help job seekers understand what it's like to work at the company.
- Employee testimonials: Hearing from current or former employees about their experiences at the company can be a valuable resource for job seekers.
- Social media integration: Incorporating links to the company's social media accounts can help job seekers learn more about the company and stay up to date on job openings and company news.
- Mobile optimization: With the increasing use of mobile devices to search for jobs, it's important to ensure that the career site is optimized for mobile viewing.
Q. What is considered a good career site performance?
A. There are a number of factors that can contribute to a good career site performance. Some of the key factors to consider include:
- Traffic: A high volume of traffic to the career site can be a good sign that job seekers are interested in the opportunities offered by the company.
- Engagement: High levels of engagement with the career site, such as visitors spending a long time on the site or visiting multiple pages, can be a good sign that job seekers are interested in the company and the job opportunities it offers.
- Conversion rate: A high conversion rate, meaning a high percentage of visitors to the site who ultimately apply for a job, can be a good sign that the career site is effectively attracting and converting qualified job candidates.
- Quality of candidates: A high proportion of qualified and desirable candidates applying for jobs through the career site can be a good sign that the site is attracting top talent.
- Time to fill positions: A short time to fill positions can be a good sign that the career site is effectively attracting and converting qualified candidates, and that the company is able to make hiring decisions efficiently.
Overall, a good career site performance is one that effectively attracts and converts qualified job candidates, leading to a high proportion of desirable candidates and a short time to fill positions.
Q. How long should the application process be?
A. The length of the application process can vary depending on the specific position and the company. Some companies may have a short and simple application process, while others may have a more lengthy and detailed process.
In general, it's important to strike a balance between collecting enough information to make informed hiring decisions and not overwhelming job applicants with too many steps or requirements. The goal should be to make the process as efficient and straightforward as possible, while still gathering the necessary information to assess the qualifications of candidates.
Ideally, the application process should take no more than a few hours for the job seeker to complete. This may include completing an online application, submitting a resume and cover letter, and possibly completing assessments or tests. It may also involve one or more rounds of interviews with the company.
Overall, the length of the application process will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the company and the role. It's important for companies to communicate clearly with job applicants about the steps involved in the process and how long it is expected to take.
Q. Are public employee reviews valuable?
A. Public employee reviews, where the reviews are visible to the general public, can be a valuable source of information for job seekers and others interested in learning about a company or organization. These reviews can provide insight into the culture and working conditions at the company, as well as the experiences and opinions of current or former employees.
However, it's important to keep in mind that public employee reviews may not always be representative of the overall experience of all employees at the company. Reviews may be more likely to be written by employees who had particularly positive or negative experiences, and may not reflect the experiences of the majority of employees.
Additionally, it's possible that some public employee reviews may not be genuine or may be written with an ulterior motive, such as to settle a personal grudge or to make a company look better or worse than it really is. It's important to take these reviews with a grain of salt and to consider them in the context of other information about the company.
Overall, public employee reviews can be a valuable source of information, but it's important to keep in mind that they may not always be fully representative of the overall experience of all employees at the company.
Q. Which job board delivers the best ROI?
The job board that delivers the best return on investment (ROI) will depend on a number of factors, including the specific needs and goals of the company, the type of positions being advertised, and the target audience for the job openings.
Some of the most popular job boards include Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor. These platforms have a large user base and are often used by job seekers looking for a wide range of positions.
Other job boards may be more specialized, focusing on a particular industry or type of position. For example, there are job boards specifically for tech jobs, healthcare jobs, or remote work. These specialized job boards may be more effective for companies looking to fill specific types of positions.
It's important for companies to carefully consider their recruitment goals and target audience when choosing a job board. It may be helpful to try posting jobs on multiple platforms and track the results to see which ones deliver the best ROI.